At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• In conjunction with the Project Management/Construction Supervision team, the Senior Electrical Engineer will lead and manage implementation of all site-based electrical inspectors.
• Provide active support and technical supervision of the site-based field audit (QAQC) and inspection functions.
• Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
• Establishing construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
• Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
• Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
• Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
• Supervising or training project team members.
• Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
• Develops Electrical and Electromechanical products by studying client requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators.
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Establish and maintain the flow of quality information and documentation among the Project Management Team, the contractors and other stakeholders as required.
• Participate actively in the Management Team and take a lead role in the following:
• Identification of project- electrical related issues that have the potential of adversely affecting the contractual commitments and the overall facility(s) operability.
• Ensuring Project programs and practices are reflective of all electrical on-site works.
• Participate actively in the documentation and reporting of contractual non-conformances and other related issues.
• Actively participate in site meetings and provide proactive ongoing support to the site management teams. Participate in Head Office support when required
• Ensure Administration Documents are carried out and filed via Inspectors with Document Controllers
Senior Electrical Engineer (Site)
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
• Minimum of 15 years of work experience in similar projects.
• Chartership or other engineering accreditation is a requirement.
• On site Electrical experience on mega projects.
• Reviewing and implementing programs P6/MS Project.
• Experience working with international consultant firms
• Previous Musanada experience and/or approval an advantage
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Nowuniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients’ challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, visit: http://www.stantec.com/content/stantec/en/about-us/news/2016/stantec-completes-acquisition-of-mwh-global.html
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Stantec does not request money transfers or application fees in the recruitment process. If you are a recipient of this type of offer or solicitation, you should assume that such individuals and organizations are not making legitimate offers of employment. Please note all legitimate open positions with Stantec can be found on our website. If you have any further questions or concerns on this topic, please Contact Us.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
APPLICATION STATUS: Stantec is unable to provide status updates on your job application submissions via email or phone. You can find out the status of your job application submissions by logging into your online candidate profile. Please note, you must apply to a posted position on Stantec’s website to be consider for that position, Stantec does not accept applications/resumes via email.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Having difficulties accessing your online candidate profile or applying to a position at Stantec, email [email protected] and provide details about the issue you are having. When possible, provide a screen shot of the error message you’re receiving. Forgot your username or password, use the Forgot your Username? or Forgot your Password? links to retrieve your username or reset your password. An important note, if there are several failed attempts to access your online candidate profile will result in a 30 minute temporary lock on your account. You will be required to wait 30 mins before trying to access your account again.
ACCOMMODATION: Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants who require assistance completing the online application process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process, and need an alternative method for applying, please email [email protected] for assistance.