Responsible for implementing the set strategic direction for Safety & First Incident Response Team (FIT) within the Marine business (or Offshore & industrial Engineering as and when required) in accordance with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and implement programmes that support the Line to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations.
A Subject Matter Expert (SME) with deep functional expertise on safety theory and practice and responsible for Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) rules, regulations & matters and implements HSE requirements within all project, vessel, yard, general areas, workshops, open areas and all building in N-KOM and aboard client projects.
1. Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) & secretary to support the operations Project Manager (PJM) in industry standard safety meetings such as the Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) meeting. Assesses hot work area, confined spaces and endorses Permit to Work (PTW) for PJM approval.
2. Conducts daily project walkthroughs with the operational Project Team on a daily basis and more often if required. Provides regular reports and recommends corrective action, while tracking the action of observation finding and corrective actions on daily basis. Conducts regular HSE inspections to ensure that N-KOM rules, regulations and procedure are followed and stops any unsafe act or condition. Participates in the Management HSE walkthrough and follows up the implementation of the corrective and preventive action on the HSE findings.
3. Establishes Reporting of Safety statistic analysis for both lead and lag indicators and synthesis of this information for management diagnosis to enable both positive and adverse trends are identified and notified to management so that either corrective action or recognition is resolved.
4. Prepares and maintains the HSE statistic and performance report after project completion.
5. Monitors that safe work practices are implemented and enforced in all operations and in compliance to the High Impact Risk Activities (HIRA) at all times and stops work where conditions or practices are unsafe.
6. Follows up on and monitors all risk related activities at the workshops. Ensures safe work practices are followed by all employees, subcon and visitors. Advises trades on incompatible work and safe execution of operation on projects and on specific hazards identification, risk control and implementation on measures taken during risk assessments.
7. Follows up on the issued Permit to Work (PTW), renews PTW, issues new PTW as needed. Follows up on Validity and Conditions of issued PTW.
8. Conducts and coordinates emergency drills and prepares drill reports for the project.
9. Manages all emergency response inside the yard premises including all vessels and buildings.
10. Conducts emergency drills based on scenarios and trains all team members and Project Teams.
11. Updates the record and maintains all the firefighting equipment in yard premises.
12. Provide training for all sections on firefighting techniques and first aid in the work place.
13. Ensures there is sufficient stock of consumable items and equipment’s for the projects. Manages items calibration periodically with third party such as micro dock, Gas meter, Lifting gears and etc.
14. Prepare purchasing requests for all the items for the projects and departments and takes store inventory on a daily and monthly basis.
Implementation of HSE requirements within all project, vessel, yard, general areas, workshops, open areas and all building in N-KOM and aboard client projects.
Internal: N-KOM Operations / All N-KOM Departments
Purpose: NKOM HSE Operation related issue
External: Client & Sub-contractors
Purpose: For coordination, cooperation and sharing of lessons learned.
As per TOFA
1. Customer Focus
2. Effective English Communication Skills (oral and written)
3. People & Teamwork Oriented (Interpersonal Skills)
4. Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel/ PowerPoint)
5. Leadership Skills
6. Management Skills
7. Negotiating Skills
8. Good level of physical fitness and stamina
9. Knowledge of Shipyard Operations
10. Strong planning and organization Skill
11. Analytical Thinking Skill
12. Health, Safety, Security & Environment Induction
13. NEBOSH IGC
14. Knowledge and understanding of SHEQ Policy, HIRA, HSE Procedure and Work Instructions
15. Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Accident Investigation Procedure
16. Knowledge of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
17. Project Management Skill
18. Confined Space Assessor
19. Hot work Assessor
20. Knowledge of Permit to-Work procedure
21. Knowledge and understanding of basic first aid and life-saving techniques.
22. Knowledge and understanding of basic firefighting and rescue techniques
23. Knowledge of Marine Metal Scaffolding
24. Knowledge of ISO 14001:2015
25. Knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
26. Train the Trainer
27. Enhanced Take 5
28. Authorized Gas Testing
29. Bump Testing & Calibration of Gas Meter
30. Incident Commander (Vector Command)
31. First Aid at Workplace
Job Segment: Engineer, QA, Quality Assurance, Project Manager, Industrial Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Quality