We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Network Strategy and Product
The Manager, Network Strategy and Product will join a fast-growing team driving product strategy, roadmap and execution of the future of Mastercard’s global core payments network. The network is the company’s core strategic asset, directly driving over $8 billion in revenue and providing the platform for our other key services.
The role will focus on partnering with internal market-based teams and significant external partners to identify and execute on opportunities to grow the number of switched transactions on our network – a top Mastercard strategic goal. It will require the ability to develop strong understanding of market business context and the technical functioning of our systems. It will involve close collaboration with regional teams, product teams, and business owners across Mastercard to identify needs, shape our approach, and drive alignment around our proposals.
• Help to define the global growth strategy of our card network, Mastercard’s core product, looking across regions to identify and assess opportunities in order to achieve team and corporate growth objectives
• Drive impact through strong project management of engagements and creation of materials to address market needs, such as value propositions, strategy assessments, and other deliverables
• Collaborate in close and agile partnership with regions, product owners, technical teams and other stakeholders, managing various interests and multiple concurrent projects to scale impact
• Work closely with technology and market teams to develop a clear perspective on the systems and technical challenges behind a business need or problem statement – spend lots of time quizzing experts and reviewing documentation
• Identify and validate strategies to address those needs, with customer, business, technical, franchise and legal input as needed
• Maintain an independent mindset and view of the facts, develop a strong view of the best available approaches, make a compelling case and push hard for the right outcome – and stay flexible and pragmatic in your approach to getting things done
• Build strong global relationships with other business, regional and technical teams whose input and support you will need to get to the right answer and see it implemented
• Develop narratives and visuals marshaling facts and analysis to support your recommendations, present them to key decisionmakers, and drive alignment among other teams and leadership
• Wear multiple hats with an entrepreneurial mindset to support the establishment of this function; creating structure from scratch, developing learning loops, systemizing partner working models, and constantly seeking opportunities to improve
• Self-starter and quick learner with ability to work independently
• Strong global collaborator, ability to work cross-functionally, and across cultures and time zones
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments; flexibility to handle rapidly changing scenarios
• Ability to work with ambiguity and manage complex projects; successfully manage multiple responsibilities and tasks
• Willingness to dive deep and learn about our technology, system structure, and rules
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superior communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong visual presentation skills, including data visualization and the ability to produce clear, compelling slides
• Strong project management skills – strong organization and task management is expected
• Ability to build and leverage relationships within and outside the organization to drive results
• Ability to interact with varying levels of leadership across the organization and with internal and external clients; ability to lead and influence at all levels
• Ready to contribute to a team that strongly values mutual respect, openness, and individual accountability
• Prior experience in payments is strongly preferred
• Previous experience with international teams is preferred
• Strong data and financial analysis skills and experience is a plus
• Previous strategy experience is a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.