1. To provide support on advisory projects including private equity advisory, investments advisory and investment management of proprietary
2. To provide support on capital raising mandates ex. issuing bonds (debt) and shares (equity) or lending money, supporting privatizations for
government, managing initial public offerings (IPOs) and other flotation’s
3. To advise on and lead management buyouts, providing strategic advice to clients and identifying and securing new deals and provide
support in investment management.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Assist the Head of Division in contributing towards formulation of strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures
of the division to support Divisional and overall organizational business strategy
2. Assist the Head of Division in leading the implementation of the department’s strategy with a focus to develop and maintain an
effective relationship with KFIC’s existing and prospective clients, providing accurate and valuable information on the KFIC’s products
in the local/GCC and international markets
3. Develop strategic client relationships to further the provision of investment banking services of KFIC.
1. Provide the necessary support to the Head of Division to manage the due diligence process in all its facets, financial, legal, and
commercial, with particular responsibility for identifying key deal issues and their potential impact on the transaction
2. Provide fundamental and technical analysis for managing the proprietary trading portfolio
3. Contribute and assist in structuring, and execution of complex financial solutions that meet client requirements
4. Follow procedures and controls in the ICFD, ensuring that all the transactions are in compliance with the set policies and procedures
5. Develop and implement an appropriate asset allocation model and investment criteria that fits KFIC’s strategic objectives for the deals
and funds managed
6. Assist Head of Division in determining marketing and business development strategies to achieve profitability and market share and
seize market opportunities for cross border / local deals. Ensure presence through effective market network
7. Research and identify new deal opportunities by formulating and issuing factual financial analyses and creating different kinds of
8. Assist in building detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of
different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
9. Investigate and analyze industry and market data, mergers and acquisitions and client’s financial situations
10. Assist in preparing comprehensive pitch books, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials
11. Advise current and prospective clients on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance offerings
12. Structure transactions, in particular advising clients on structures, pricing, and approach
13. Lead the implementation of proposed solutions to the clients
14. Develop relationships internally and work with relevant groups across the organization to provide comprehensive advisory and financing
product solutions for clients
15. Provide periodic updates to KFIC’s investors and clarifications on all their queries
16. Oversee exist strategy of the investment deals and ensure smooth exits are conducted
17. Provide investment management support for overseeing investee companies
18. Maintain client relationship at the appropriate level
19. Support in preparation of operating budget projections and business plan for the ICFD.
20. Assist management in any other tasks as required by business.
1. Establish the performance plans for direct subordinates; guide the subordinates in establishing performance plans for their
2. Monitor performance of direct reportees and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback
3. Participate in the identification of training and development opportunities for all employees within the Department
4. Drive the engagement and satisfaction of all employees within the Department through holding periodic meetings to discuss the
achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns.
5. Assist subordinates in resolution of any problems, discrepancies, and inquiries.
6. Maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
Kuwait Finance & Investment Company
Associate Director – Investment & Corporate Finance
Page 2 of 2
Education & Qualifications: Experience:
1. Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
2. CFA, CAIA, CIMA is preferred
A minimum of 10 – 12 years of relevant experience which include at
least 4 years as a manager within the same field.
Language Skill: Computer Skills:
1. Fluent in English
2. Arabic is preferred
Valid work residency in Kuwait