Transports patient’s meal trays and snacks to patient room and assist patients in the process of ordering meals. Delivers/ retrieves food trays for all meals.
1. Informs patients about Food Services’ hours of operation. Listens and responds to patient’s questions and relay to the Supervisor.
2. Assists patients with setting up bedside trays as required. Ensures that all patient comments are relayed to supervisor. Ensures that all patient and guest trays are set up properly.
3. Delivers patient and guest meals throughout the hospital. Delivers A La Carte Room Service meals and provides hot beverages to patients.
4. Writes and assembles snacks as per meal ticket in a timely manner.
5. Collects soiled trays from patient rooms ensuring that all silverware, china and glasses are collected and returned to the Department. Conducts daily ward rounds to collect all Food Service equipment left on the wards.
6. Follows established reporting procedures for any damaged or lost items in meal trays such as silver, glassware, chinaware, lids, etc.
7. Reports and documents patient complaints with the Supervisor. Acts as liaison with Supervisor for all patient complaints and communicate patient comments to the Diet Office.
8. Delivers all ready to serve formula and in-house prepared formulary to Nursing Units.
9. Reports any defective equipment to the Supervisor for preparation of work requests.
Intermediate School Education is required.
No experience is required.