The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for overseeing data engineering activities and aiding in building the business’ data collection systems and processing pipelines. The role of the Senior Data Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the Data and Analytics department.
The Senior Data Engineer builds data processing frameworks that handle the business’s growing database. He works with senior data science leadership as well as other Data and Analytics teams in leveraging data with reporting and scientific tools, for example, Tableau, R, and Spark. The Senior Data Engineer strives to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements.
· Optimize data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater scalability.
· Use agile software development processes to iteratively make improvements to our back-end systems.
· Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
· Work closely with our data science to help build complex algorithms that provide unique insights into our data.
Others: Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, data science, or engineering
Training and Certifications
· Required: The most background for this role is a higher degree of accredited certification: PMP/CMC.
ExperienceRequired:Proven experience working in the Telecom industry (both Network and Business)Experience with telecom data management standards.Firm understanding of data modeling and metadata schema development.Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.Preferred: The ideal candidate will have a similar experience to the above Duties and Responsibilities OR will be looking to take the next step up into a Practice lead position.· Languages: Proficiency in the Arabic language is a plus; English language proficiency is a must· Computer Skills: Worked on or have good knowledge of new technologies (IoT, AI, ML, Blockchain, etc.).· The ability and willingness to travel where the project requirement dictates.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Monthly Salary Range
Number of Vacancies
Years of Experience
Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Min: 26 Max: 33