Job Title: Associate Professor in Human Resource Management
Department: Administrative Sciences
College: Administrative and Financial Sciences
Introduction: The College of Administrative and Financial Sciences seeks to ensure that all Gulf University graduates are equipped with 21st century skills that will enable them to succeed in their studies and pursue a successful professional life in Human Resources Management by instilling qualitative values developing advanced skills. The College of Administrative and Financial Sciences at Gulf University invites applications for Associate in Human Resource Management) with experience in the software application in human resource management to begin in September 2021. Our College Administrative and Financial Sciences value teaching, research, and industry experience. A strong applicant will have a stream of research in progress and the ambition to excel as a teacher.
1. Expected Qualifications:
· A Ph.D. degree at the time of appointment in Human Resource Management (Talent Planning & Recruitment), or a related field of inquiry from a nationally or internationally accredited university, and ideally from an AACSB accredited business school.
· Membership of an HR professional body is desirable.
2. Expected Experience:
· A recommended five-year teaching experience in Human Resource Management (Talent Planning & Recruitment) or related field at the graduate or undergraduate level.
· Strong and recognized research profile and potential to publish in human resource journals or related fields.
· Experience using HR software applications professionally.
· Experience in quality assurance, developing course specifications as per the national qualification framework or international accreditation standards.
· Industrial experience in HR Talent Planning & Recruitment or any other relevant domain.
· A minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience in the field of specialization.
· Experience in developing course specifications as per the National Qualification Framework and international accreditation standards.
3. Required Skills:
· Ability to create and maintain effective work relationships with staff.
· Ability to develop teaching curriculum and manage quality enhancement in the higher education environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Solid research experience in the field of specialization.
· Ability to teach both in Arabic and English language.
4. Rules and Responsibilities:
· Teaching and learning: must be able to deliver classes for different levels of the program’s specialization domains.
· Contribute to different committees at college and university levels that support the achievement of the program mission.
· Research engagement: must be engaged in different research and scholarly activities related to the specialization field.
· Community engagement: contributes to different community engagement activities organized by the college and university.
5. Documents needed:
· Application Form.
· Copy of earned credential (BSc, Master, and PhD).
· Current Curriculum Vitae.
· Cover letter.
· Teaching, learning, and research philosophy.
· Three referees’ contact information (email as well their telephone numbers).
· Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Contract length: 24 months