Expeditors is a leader in the international transportation industry and has opportunities for motivated team players who are looking for a challenging and rewarding place to work. Expeditors culture of organic growth and promotion from within, combined with a strong management team and unique compensation structure, continuously attracts the highest caliber employees.
By recruiting, motivating and retaining the best personnel in the business, we feel we will keep our leadership position in the marketplace. Our business is quality customer service and our people are what make that happen. We hire individuals based on attitude and train them for the skills it takes to make a successful career here. As part of their career development and overall job evaluation, our employees are required to take a minimum of 52 hours of training per year.
• Record payable header in exp.o accounting system upon receipt and distribute to Internal Staff for allocation details.
• Review and submit payable detail in exp.o accounting system, ensuring overhead expenses are allocated to the correct cost center, operational costs are matched against the appropriate provision, and Tax is accounted for.
• Perform Service Provider payable audits on a regular basis to check rates to agreed rates and services are accounted for in the correct product and cost GL.
• Verify Service Provider payables by reconciling to Service Provider Statements; ensure invoices are approved in time to meet established payment cycle.
• Schedule and prepare payments in exp.o Accounting system and the Banking system.
• Maintain a filing system in accordance to internal and local document retention policies (i.e. upload the invoice to the payable and the vendor statement to the payment in exp.o Accounting).
• Proactively identify problem accounts and follow up exceptions prior to submitting the payable via email/ telephone to effectively resolve issues through building key relationships with Service Providers and Internal Staff.
• Assist in Internal Control Evaluations and Internal/External Audits by preparing required information/documentation.
• Support Accounting Department with miscellaneous projects and assignments.
• Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
• Conduct AP meetings
6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Accounting degree required
• Experience in Zakat/Tax/VAT is a plus
• Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
• Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
• Proven analytical skills
• Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
• Fluent in English.