Roles and Responsibilities
1. Service existing businesses in conjunction with staff based in Qatar and Oman
2. Develop new business opportunities in existing as well as new countries, in shipping as well as non-shipping energy-related sectors such as renewable energies
3. Lead / participate in cross-functional project teams to deliver new business; lead negotiation of deals with customers, and operationalize them with appropriate systems for operation, ship management, manning, accounting and so forth.
4. Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in energy companies in the region including national and global majors as well as independents
5. Maintain insight into key regional political, financial and social developments and trends impacting MOLs business, and strategies of competitors and key stakeholders.
6. Develop, maintain and lead execution of a Middle East energy business strategy
7. Participate in global energy strategy development, value proposition development and change initiatives E.g. for strategic cost reduction and operational improvement. Represent the voice of the customer in internal forums.
8. Recruit and nurture national staff, mentor junior colleagues and develop a performance-oriented, open and inclusive culture.
Desired Candidate Profile
• The incumbent will have the opportunity to drive significant growth with a high degree of independence, and to influence change at a global level, with the accompanying potential for personal growth.
• The position reports to the South Asia Middle East region chief executive representative based in Mumbai; who in turn reports to the MOL board member in Tokyo responsible for the region. The role may be structured flexibly depending on the individual selected, with potential for other offices in the region to report to him / her.
• The successful candidate will have a balanced mix of adequate energy and shipping industry experience, a demonstrated ability to operate at strategic, deal-making and operational levels. He or she will possess high degree of initiative, judgment, commercial acumen, leadership qualities and cross-cultural relationship skills. Experience in the Middle East would be preferable but is not essential.
• The role is an expatriate position based in the UAE.