Report To: Headmaster & Board of Directors (BOD)
– Financial Resource Management
· Evaluate information and consult with the Head and the BOD to prepare a realistic and balanced budget for school activity.
· Develop proposed budget by consulting & coordination with Head and submit to Board for approval
· Discuss, negotiate and agree the final budget.
· Use the agreed budget to ensure the best possible school environment for pupils and teacher. Ensure that the budget is actively monitored to achieve value for money.
· Identify and inform the Head and BOD of the causes of significant variance and take prompt corrective action.
· Propose revisions to the budget if necessary, in response to significant or unforeseen developments.
· Provide ongoing budgetary information to relevant people.
· Advise the Head and BOD if fraudulent activities are suspected or uncovered.
· Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the school development plan and will forecast future year budgets.
· Identify additional finance required to fund the school’s proposed activities.
· Maximize income through full capacity utilization and other activities.
· Present timely and fully costed proposals.
· Monitor the effectiveness and implementation of agreements.
· Prepare accounting charts of accounts.
· Implement policies and procedures for the finance department of the company.
· Monitor in achieving departmental goals and objectives set for the department.
· Effectively manage all finance and accounting activities of the company.
· Coordinates with external auditors and ensure appropriate support for smooth conduct of external audits.
· Initiate new measures from time to time to monitor and control costs and ensure effectiveness of financial policies, procedures and internal controls.
· Assist business heads with inputs and advice in respect of all finance and accounts related matters.
· Ensure the accurate and timely closing of accounts and preparation of management information reports.
· Review and approve reports for regulatory authorities on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
· Manage liquidity risk, market risk and other financial risks in order to ensure smooth operations and protection of capital.
· Review and approve financial statements, management information reports, statutory reports, costing and variance reports.
· Ensure that senior management has relevant information needed to support decision-making.
· Review and approve daily accounting transactions for accuracy and completeness of accounting records.
· Ensure all invoices provided by vendors and expense claims raised by employees are legitimate, supported by original documents and accurate, including all procedures related to human resources processes.
· Review and approve accounting entries and ensure integrity of department`s accounting system.
· Develop robust reporting systems and processes in alignment with statutory accounting policies and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with Saudi laws and regulations in all processes.
· Perform quality checks on data to ensure consistency between sub-ledger and General Ledger entries.
· Identify gaps in the existing processes and suggest measures for re-engineering the same for enhanced effectiveness.
· Answer queries to internal auditors during audits.
· Minimize bad debts and outstanding amounts by follow up with other departments and keep them updated and informed of the same.
· Review and approve instances and status of bad debts and report the same to Head and BOD for effective decision making.
· Ensure implementation of any action points raised by auditors during internal and external audits.
· Perform any other task given by the Head or the Chairman of BOD.
· Manage the whole school administrative function and lead all support staff.
· Design and maintain administrative systems that deliver outcomes based on the school’s aims and goals.
· Manage systems and link processes that interact across the school to form complete systems.
· Define responsibilities, information and support for staff and other stakeholders.
· Develop process measures that are affordable and that will enable value for money decisions for those managing resources.
· Establish and use effective methods to review and improve administrative systems.
· Use data analysis, evaluation and reporting systems to maximum effect by ensuring systems are streamlined to maximize efficiency and avoid duplication.
· Benchmark systems and information to assess trends and make appropriate recommendations.
· Ensure contingency plans are in place in the case of technology failure.
– Human Resource Management
· Manage the payroll & end of services for all school staff & management.
· Ensure that all recruitment, appraisal, staff development, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy policies and procedures comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
· Manage recruitment, performance management, appraisal and development for all support staff.
· Monitor the relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements and the effect they have on your school and staff.
· Ensure people have a clear understanding of the policies and procedures and the importance of putting them into practice.
· Monitor the way policies and procedures are actioned and provide support where necessary.
· Seek and make use of specialist expertise in relation to HR issues.
· Evaluate the school’s strategic objectives and obtain information for workforce planning.
· Identify the types of skills, knowledge, understanding and experience required to undertake existing and future planned activities.
– Facility & Property Management
· Ensure the supervision of relevant planning and construction processes is undertaken in line with contractual obligations
· Ensure the safe maintenance and security operation of all school premises
· Manage the maintenance of the school site including the purchase and repair of all furniture and fittings
· Ensure the continuing availability of utilities, site services and equipment
· Monitor, assess and review contractual obligations for outsourced school services
· Ensure a safe environment for the stakeholders of the school to provide a secure environment in which due learning processes can be provided
· Ensure ancillary services e.g. cleaning, canteen, transportation, uniform & book sales etc., are monitored and managed effectively
· Seek professional advice on insurance and advise the BOD on appropriate insurances for the school and implement and manage such schemes accordingly.
– Health & Safety
· Act as the school’s Health & Safety Coordinator and Fire Officer.
·Plan, instigate and maintain records of fire practices and alarm tests.
·Ensure the school’s written health & safety policy statement is clearly communicated and available to all people
·Ensure the health & safety policy is implemented at all times, put into practice and is subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as situations change
· Enable regular consultation with people on health and safety issues
· Ensure systems are in place to enable the identification of hazards and risk assessments
· Ensure systems are in place for effective monitoring, measuring and reporting of health and safety issues to the Senior Team, BOD and where appropriate the Health & Safety Executive
· Ensure the maximum level of security consistent with the ethos of the school
· Oversee statutory obligations are being met for pupils with special educational needs, ensuring that financial and supporting agency services are adequate for their diverse needs
– People Management.
– Building and Sustaining Relations.
– Teamwork & Collaboration
-Leadership & Strategy
· Attend Leadership Committee and appropriate BOD sub-committee meetings.
· Negotiate and influence strategic decision making within the school’s Senior Management/Leadership Team.
· Plan, manage & change in accordance with the school development/strategic plan.
· To lead and manage all school support staff. (NB The Head of the School is responsible for the leadership and management of all school academic staff)
· Deal with all regulatory authorities, Ministries and Agencies and keep compliance.
· Plan & build HR and Compensation policies.
· Oversee staff personnel affairs, visa & residence, seek approvals and guidelines from Ministry of Education and finalize all staff and service contracts.
· Provide active support in developing and implementing organizational strategies by contributing financial & accounting information, analysis, recommendations and provide financial advice on business strategies.
· Formulate tuition fee and discount structure for the year.
· Contribute to the establishment of the work culture to attract and retain top performers.
· Lead the budget planning activity for School and set the Department budget, ensuring that adequate provision is made for all activities, monitor and control expenditure against approved budget and reconcile budget variances to ensure on-target performance against budgets.
· Review the policies & procedures of the Finance Department in line with the leading practices and relevant rules and regulations.
· Compile and analyze financial information from both a government and corporate perspective.
· Develop and review the respective Finance & operational strategies and plans in line with school overall strategy and objectives
1. Requirement open for Saudi Arabian /Arab nationals only.
2. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent.
3. Certificates CPA or CMA is an advantage.
4. Prior experience as Business Manager.
5. Must know English & Arabic languages.
6. Strong Knowledge of Financial, HR & Operational.
7. Computer Skills and experience in MS Office.