· To be constantly aware of the room situation and to strive to obtain maximum occupancy.
· To have a complete understanding of the hotel’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
· To respond to any changes as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
· To attend to guests who approach the Front Desk, immediately, cordially, and with a smile.
· To attend to hotel guests in the procedure of registering, inquiries, key handling, message and all related matters.
· To register the guests promptly ensuring that they are provided with all the necessary information.
· To ensure the telephone is answered promptly and clearly, ensuring a courteous and friendly manner.
· To take room reservations effectively, efficiently and a laid out on the proper reservation form.
· To keep the daily Log Book up to date.
· To monitor closely the issuance and return of hotel keys by maintaining Log Books.
· To ensure the running of all overnight reports are completed fully and correctly.
· Complete the Four Day Forecast, accurately, at the completion of the Night Audit Reports.
· To ensure the photocopying for distribution is completed efficiently each night, and has been distributed prior to 0830 hours.
· To carry out all other duties to the standards and specifications laid out in the overnight shift manual.
· To inform Assistant Managers to welcome VIP
· To advise Team Leader – Front Office of any dubious billing matters instruction.
· To prepare the daily reports such as “Daily Special Rate List” Daily Up- Grade List” and “Daily No-Show and Cancellation List”.
· To be aware of all hotel activities and the layout of the hotel.
· To extend a personal service to the guests, and assist them in all their requirements.
· To handle the guest mail, take telephone messages, and ensure that all telexes, mail and telephone messages are distributed promptly.
· To handle packages and periodically send unclaimed mail back to the sender.
· To issue keys to the guests, and assist the Front Desk in checking-in guests during busy hours.
· To observe the guest services in the lobby and ensure that all areas are covered and kept clean.
· To provide the paging service.
· To handle both individual FIT guests, and group check-outs according standard procedure.
· To arrange guest bills into respective pockets and verify recurrences.
· To post all charges immediately to the guest folios.
· To maintain guest ledgers in a systematic manner to facilitate balancing by the night auditor.
· To immediately recognize VIP, and returning guests.
· To check the validity of travel agent vouchers.
· To maintain the Log Book, by recording any information and guest comments.
To be responsible for all issued funds, foreign currencies and all collections.
Job Type: Full-time