* Supervise & ensure that all sections are ready for service on time.
* Organize & set up the kitchen/commissary as efficiently as possible to increase speed & maximize productivity.
* Ensure that all culinary standards in all sections comply with company policies & procedures. Maintain high levels of cleanness at all-time in the kitchen/commissary.
* Monitor daily work assigned to staff ensuring guidelines are followed. In case of deviations, corrective measures to be taken immediately.
* Check daily all storage areas & keep the orders to par or according to the volume of business and maintain the inventory.
* Health & Safety Training Certification.
* Ensure care & orderly handling of all raw products.
* Good communication and leadership skills.
* Check whether quantities prepared are according to recipes & specifications. Control food & operating costs by reducing wastage.
* Ensure that the food cost & other controllable are on a budget.
* Ability to create new & different new recipes.
* Good kitchen management skills.
* Experienced in high volume kitchen operations including stock management
* Sound knowledge of operational controls, budgeting, forecasting, menu design
* Excellent food cost controls and the ability to continually raise standards
* Strong commercial & profit orientation